1013 EC AMSTERDAM
Participating entrepreneurs announced
The City of Amsterdam in cooperation with Impact Hub Amsterdam has selected nine social enterprises to receive expert guidance and mentoring on their health-focussed initiatives during the first phase of the Amsterdam City Fellowship. The chosen entrepreneurs have presented innovative solutions to urban challenges related to health and will proceed to develop their business models with coaching from Amsterdam Impact's extensive network.
Sharing knowledge and expertise
The successful participants devised creative solutions to challenges such as flood prevention, access to healthcare and childhood obesity. The concepts are proven and ready for the market. Under the Amsterdam City Fellowship—part of the City’s Social Entrepreneurship Action Programme—the entrepreneurs will receive guidance with marketing, financial forecasting and pitching with the goal of contributing to a healthy society. At the Stakeholder Forum on 27 June 2017, the City will select the four most promising initiatives which will complete the final phase of the fellowship. The programme is developed and coordinated by Impact Hub Amsterdam.
Amsterdam City Fellowship participants:
- All4elevation: Crowd-sourced elevation data to mitigate and prevent floods.
- GoBioMiles: A platform that facilitates the choice for biofuel by every traveller, rewarding that traveller with free electric taxi rides to the airport
- Start met Happen: A fresh and healthy do-it-yourself meal for shared living spaces in care institutions.
- Access to Health: Improved accessibility of care for expats and migrants.
- Contagiously Healthy: Providing nutritional advice and supporting people to ‘break up’ with sugar
- Rain(A)way: Permeable tiles that let rain water circulate directly into ground water and help make water visible in the city to contribute to a climate resistant city.
- Nettie: Activating a patient’s social network to improve collaboration between professional and informal care.
- VraagApp: An online service that answers daily questions of people with cognitive disabilities within five minutes by hosting a community of volunteers.
- Totem Open Health Community A digital care community that creates affordable and accessible health solutions, based on open source wearable technology.
Collaborations with Amsterdam Impact
Amsterdam Impact is a collaborative network that supports social entrepreneurs. The organisation facilitates partnerships between entrepreneurs, businesses and representatives of the City to create added value for society. Read more about Amsterdam Impact and the Amsterdam City Fellowship.