Participating startups will gain valuable information from experts, lead users and peers on how to expand and scale their businesses into the French market. The City of Paris (Paris&Co), Amsterdam Trade and StartupAmsterdam will provide an introductory programme that covers the startup ecosystem of Paris, which will include:
- Workshops on making a soft landing in Paris or France, including advice on legal, recruitment and financial practices.
- Networking opportunities and one-on-one meetings with French launching customers and organisations in the fashion, design, creative or cultural sectors.
- A networking event, which is part of an arts & culture mission led by the City of Amsterdam.
- Sessions on marketing, PR and business development.
- Sessions on cultural differences.
- Investor pitching opportunities.
- Visits to a selection of innovation and startup hubs, incubators and accelerators.
Date: 8 – 9 February 2018
Costs: StartupAmsterdam and Amsterdam Trade will cover the costs for one person per startup for the two-day bootcamp, including organisational costs and meals. All other costs, such as flights, overnight stay, transportation and meals outside of the programme are covered by the participants.
Here’s what’s included:
- A customised business development programme in Paris, including meetings with senior business leaders from Paris’ fashion, design and creative industries.
- Insight on distribution channels, including e-commerce channels, buyers, agencies and more.
- Meetings with legal and recruitment service providers.
- Introductions to European fashion and creative VCs.
Who can apply?
Innovative and (preferably) Amsterdam-based startups that are active in the fashion, design, creative or cultural sectors who are looking to expand into the French market. Minimal criteria: a product/market fit and positive metrics in growth and conversion.
Registration, selection and more information
Selected startups will be notified around 15 January 2018 via email. Startups will be selected by a jury consisting of representatives from StartupAmsterdam and Amsterdam Trade.
To apply for this bootcamp, please fill in the application form before 10 January 2018.
For more information regarding the bootcamp to Paris, please contact Amsterdam Trade's Annemarie Satink at firstname.lastname@example.org or Daniel Tserepnin, StartupAmsterdam's international relations lead, at email@example.com.