Editor Amsterdam Convention Bureau (English)
As Editor Amsterdam Convention Bureau (English), you always come up with great content for the meetings and conventions industry." You will be producing creative stories for multiple channels including the website and social media. You will work in close coordination with the Senior Editor Business & Congresses to make sure your content meets the strategic direction. That’s why the position of Editor for the Amsterdam Convention Bureau (English) at amsterdam&partners is the choice for you.
This is how Judith Hornman sees it. She works as Editor-in-chief Business & Congresses, and she’d like you to join the team working on English content production for our Amsterdam Convention Bureau audiences, with a focus on our online channels.
Chances are that you already know amsterdam&partners from the motto I amsterdam. We want our capital to be known as a great place to live, work and visit. amsterdam&partners is there for residents, visitors and businesses. Informing people about cultural activities; ensuring the right balance between the prosperity of the visitor economy and the well-being of residents; and providing communication to position Amsterdam as an attractive region to develop your talents, establish your innovative business or to host your conference. These are 3 of the goals we are committed to at amsterdam&partners. The city of Amsterdam, and amsterdam&partners, are there for everyone.
About the job
As Editor Amsterdam Convention Bureau (English) at amsterdam&partners, you will be part of the Content & Campaigns department. Together with the editorial team and the campaign team, you will help deliver effective and creative content, with the right message, for the right target group, at the right time, via the right channel. In this team, you’ll have the opportunity to put your own spin on the Editor role, and work in a pro-active way. You enjoy working with others and are a strong communicator. At the same time, you know when to focus and get that text delivered.
You are an Editor who:
• Understands target audiences and has a feeling for professional B2B communications
- • Can create, publish, maintain and improve on English content to ensure it delivers the message of Amsterdam being the ideal meeting or congress destination
• Is familiar with, or keen to learn about the international congress industry, the key sectors we write about, the research institutes in the Amsterdam Area as well as the infrastructure for conventions.
• Knows how to connect your content with other parts of the I amsterdam channels, specifically the business side
• Has a broad interest in Amsterdam and the region, and the target groups mentioned above. You are tuned in to political sensitivities and current affairs.
• Is creative and resourceful and can work together with your Amsterdam Convention Bureau colleagues as well as the rest of the editorial team and conversion specialists and campaign managers
• Is a systematic and structured worker. You work with data including web statistics and user needs. You have a strong affinity with tone of voice, website structure, and you are always on the lookout for broken links, mistakes and ways to improve findability of the content.
It’s our differences that make us better at what we do as a team. We all have our own dreams, talents and backgrounds. We work hard but there is always room for fun and connection; there are drinks, we play X-box and make puzzles. We are curious about you: who you are, and what your capabilities are. Following that, for this role as Editor Amsterdam Convention Bureau (English), it’s important to bring:
• A minimum of 1 year of experience creating online content (including articles and social posts), as well as publishing and maintaining online content (text, image, audio, video) using a CMS, preferably for the international (conference) market.
• You work and think at HBO+ level
• You are able to switch between executive tasks and more strategic / collaborative tasks, and you are good at managing your time and priorities
• Knowledge of content management systems and being able to work with different (workflow) systems: Prepr, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Hootsuite, etc.
• The know-how to improve channels based on research and data (surveys, GA, HotJar, etc.)
• Native command of English (British English) in writing and speech, a good command of Dutch is an advantage
About the employment conditions
Based on an employment contract of 38 hours per week, you can count on the following as Editor Amsterdam Convention Bureau (English):
• A salary between €2.366,- and €3.000,- based on a working week of 38 hours and depending on your work experience. This is non-negotiable as we are a nonprofit organisation
• Starting with a contract for a year
• A function between 32 and 38 hours a week and the freedom to largely organise this time yourself
• The possibility to work partly from home
• 26 vacation days (for overtime: time for time)
• Pension: a defined contribution scheme at BeFrank including disability insurance
• A travel allowance based on the public transport rate, from 10 and up to 60 kilometres
• €900 personal budget for courses plus access to 150 online courses
• The I amsterdam crew card that gives you free or discounted access to almost all Amsterdam museums and attractions
• Laptop and telephone with a business subscription
• An allowance for a gym membership or other wellbeing activities
• Various drinks and lunches
You will have a lot of freedom to organise your own work, and working hours. For example, with us, you’ll be able to work from home during national holidays and take the time off later. Of course we’d also like to see you at our office at De Ruijterkade. This is a 2-minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station and boasts views over the IJ river. Another moment we like to share together is Development Thursday. Development is central on this last Thursday of the month: for you as a person, for our team and/or for the organisation. So what do we do? Things like a knowledge session, workshop, or improving happiness at work.
About the future
Would you like to use your talents to make our capital an even better place to live, work and visit? Then respond directly to In's vacancy via our application page. An assignment will be part of the application procedure. Would you like to know more first? Call Karin de Greef Recruiter / Talent sourcer 06- 42 45 64 84 or email: email@example.com