The easiest way to discover Zuidoost is by bicycle. Bring your own (you can take it on the metro with a supplementary ticket costing €1.70) or rent a bike on location:
- you can reserve a bicycle in advance with MacBike at the Kraainnest station (Kraainnest 68) by email [[email protected]] at a cost of five euros per day (open Saturday 12:00-22:00).
- you can rent a bike at the Marc bikeshop next to the Bijlmer Arean for seven euros for three hours, or 10 euros for the whole day, but do take note that there are only 40 bikes available (open Saturday until 17:00)
A quick and easy way to reach Zuidoost is by metro, lines 50, 53 and 54.
Special hop-on-hop-off shuttle buses will be stopping at a number of central locations from 12:00 to 22:00. Upon display of your 24H Zuidoost flyer, you can board these for free.
Buses depart every 10 minutes. The stops in Zuidoost will be:
1. Bullewijk station – stopping in front of Oma Ietje
2. Bijlmer Arena station – Bus station
3. Buurthuis Anansi and Wijk 7 – Daalwijkdreef, on the bridge (14.00-17.00 and 19.00-22.00)
4. World of Food – stopping at Daalwijkdreef (15.00-19.00)
5. Ganzenhoef station – Across from the bus stop
6. Kraaiennest station – stopping at the intersection of Daalwijkdreef and Karspeldreef