Public transport pass for Amsterdam & the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area
The greater Amsterdam area offers so much more than just the big city sights. The Amsterdam & Region Travel ticket lets you explore the beaches of Zandvoort, Edam's cheese market, the Aalsmeer flower auction, Keukenhof Gardens and traditional villages like Volendam and Zaanse Schans with a single 24-hour public transport pass. When you purchase this ticket, you'll also get a public transport guide for the Amsterdam region (PDF) filled with useful tips and sightseeing highlights.
Price & sales locations
The Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket costs €13.50. The card is available for purchase at the I amsterdam Visitor Centres in Amsterdam, selected hotels and campsites and ticket counters of the participating public transport companies, including:
- GVB Tickets & Info: Amsterdam Central Station (Stationsplein), Bijlmer ArenA Station, Lelylaan Station & Zuid Station
- EBS Tickets & Info: Amsterdam Central Station (IJ River side), Purmerend Tramplein, Edam bus station
- Connexxion Tickets & Info: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Schiphol Plaza)
Special offer: Get out of town! Combine the Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket with the I amsterdam City Card. Explore the Amsterdam Area and its attractions and save money by picking up the Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket for only €10.
How to use the Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket
The Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket is valid for 24 hours on any of the routes listed on the public transport guide (PDF). Using your Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket is easy:
- Tickets are valid for 24 hours. Your ticket is activated the first time you check in on a tram, bus or metro.
- You must check in and out with your card every time you enter and exit one of the vehicles.
- Tickets are valid on all metro, tram and bus lines operated by GVB, Connexxion and EBS, including night buses.
- Tickets are also accepted on Arriva bus 858 from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to Keukenhof Gardens from 24 March to 16 May 2016.
- Tickets are NOT valid on NS trains or bus lines in Lelystad.
- If you have additional questions or your ticket appears to be defective, you can go to one of the sales locations listed above for assistance.