Public transport pass for Amsterdam and the Amsterdam Area
The Amsterdam Area offers so much more than just the big city sights. The Amsterdam & Region Travel ticket lets you explore the beaches of Zandvoort, Edam's cheese market, the Aalsmeer flower auction, Keukenhof Gardens and traditional villages like Volendam and Zaanse Schans with a public transport pass valid for 1, 2 or 3 days. When you purchase this ticket, you'll also get a useful public transport guide for the Amsterdam Area (PDF) filled with tips and sightseeing highlights.
Price & sales locations
The Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket costs €18.50 for 1 day, €26.00 for 2 days and €33.50 for 3 days. The card is available for purchase at the I amsterdam Visitor Centres in Amsterdam, selected hotels and campsites and ticket counters of the participating public transport companies, including:
- GVB Tickets & Info: Amsterdam Central Station (Stationsplein), Bijlmer ArenA Station, Lelylaan Station & Zuid Station
- EBS Tickets & Info: Amsterdam Central Station (IJ River side), Purmerend Tramplein, Edam bus station
- Connexxion Tickets & Info: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Schiphol Plaza)
How to use the Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket
The Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket is valid for 1, 2 or 3 successive days on any of the routes listed in the public transport guide (PDF). Using your Amsterdam & Region Travel Ticket is easy:
- Tickets are valid for 1, 2 or 3 calendar days . A day in this context begins at 00:00 and ends the next day at 04:00.
- Your ticket is activated the first time you check in on a tram, bus, metro or train.
- You must check in and out with your card every time you enter and exit one of the vehicles.
- Tickets are valid on all metro, tram and bus lines operated by GVB, Connexxion and EBS, including night buses.
- Tickets are also accepted on Arriva bus 858 from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to Keukenhof Gardens from 23 March to 21 May 2017.
- Tickets are also valid on NS trains in the Amsterdam Area.
- If you have additional questions or your ticket appears to be defective, you can go to one of the sales locations listed above for assistance.