Special offers & City Card highlights
In December, I amsterdam City Card holders can visit a number of special exhibitions for free or with a small surcharge at the following museum or 25% discount on attractions and excursions.
The exquisite porcelain services, comprising no less than 1,034 pieces, exhibited on authentically laid tables with decorative centrepieces, reveal the enchanting grandeur of the Tsars’ banquets (this exhibition runs until 1 March 2015).
I amsterdam City Card holders can visit this exhibition for a surcharge of €3.50.
The Rijksmuseum is once again open to the public with an entirely refreshed layout, fully renovated building, new public facilities, newly landscaped garden and Rembrandt’s ‘The Night Watch’ returning to its original gallery. Overall, 80 halls will display 8,000 pieces of art and history, which is more than even the most fervent museum visitor can digest in one day
- I amsterdam City Card holders receive €2.50 discount off the regular entry price.
3. Marken Express
Boat tour between Volendam and Marken
The Marken Express now operates the whole year round, linking the scenic fishing village of Volendam and the peninsula of Marken. The fleet of six ferries have extended their service throughout the winter months. Check the Marken Express website for more information.
* I amsterdam City Card holders receive a €3.50 discount on the Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket – the perfect way to get to Volendam and explore the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area.
- I amsterdam City Card holders receive a free return ferry trip.
4. Cobra Museum of Modern Art
The hidden picture: collecting Art at ING
Het Cobra Museum and ING Art Management have made an exciting and extensive selection from the works in their international collections. More than 50 works show the new face of 40 years of collecting art (this exhibition runs until 4 January 2015).
- Free entrance for I amsterdam City Card holders.
A major international exhibition featuring over two hundred enchanting and mysterious African masks, sculptures and other art objects from the Ivory Coast. The touring exhibition is a collaborative production of multiple international museums and private lenders (this exhibition runs until 15 February 2015).
- I amsterdam City Card holders can visit this exhibition for a surcharge of €3.50.
This winter, Amsterdam will once again be illuminated by the Amsterdam Light Festival as the festival returns for its third edition. For nearly two months, Amsterdam's historical centre will form the unique décor for this international festival (runs until 18 January 2015).
- I amsterdam City Card holders can join a Canal Company cruise for a surcharge of €3.50 (after 17:00)