A typically Dutch tour
This private tour starts at Clara Maria, a cheese farm and clog factory. Set in the polder landscape, this historic 160-year-old barn has been charmingly transformed into this wooden-shoe factory and the cheese-making room.
A large part of land from the Netherlands has been created out of water. You find out how at the Museum De Cruquius. After that, tour guests will stop for lunch at a nearby tea house.
You can then enjoy a scenic drive through the typical Dutch countryside of Beemster, which is revered for its many windmills. You can even venture inside to see how the millers' families used to live. Since 1999, the entire Beemster polder has been on the UNESCO world heritage list.
The final stop is fishing town Volendam, where you can taste smoked eel and herring, and have your picture taken in traditional Dutch clothing.
- € 600 for a group of 1 - 4 people
- € 780 for a group of 5 - 8 people
- € 480 for a group 8+ people (guide only – contact the company for a quote that includes coach travel.)
- Included: private guide/driver and a personal car.
- Excluded: entrance fees, lunch and personal expenses.
- Duration: nine hours.
- Pick-up: 8:30am (from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, or your Amsterdam hotel or cruise ship).
- Return: between 5:00pm and 6:00pm (to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, or your Amsterdam hotel or cruise ship).