Questions for open days at primary schools in Amsterdam
An open day can be slightly overwhelming considering the importance of the choice at hand. However, it can be a big help in the process of finding and applying for a primary school place for your child. Below find some pointers on questions to ask – both yourself and the school – when you visit an open day at an Amsterdam primary school.
- What is my overall impression of the school?
- Does the school meet our needs?
- What is my impression of the head and the teachers?
- How is the environment (regarding demographics and community) of the school?
- What is the interaction among children like?
- How are the academic and social settings? Do they meet the needs of my child?
- Which extracurricular activities and support are offered?
- Does the school have experience with non-Dutch speakers?
- Does the school offer extra classes for non-Dutch speakers?
- What is your parental gut feeling about the school?