The college of mayor and alderpersons have presented a new perpetual ground lease system for consultation. This will apply to all commercial and private leaseholders, with the exception of housing associations and the Port of Amsterdam. This system consists of the General Conditions for Perpetual Ground Leases in Amsterdam and the policy for granting perpetual ground leases.
The General Conditions include the following points:
- that there is a case for a perpetual ground lease,
- how annual indexing is calculated in the case of indexed ground rent,
- the mutual rights and obligations of the leaseholder and the City,
- procedures applying to changes requested by the leaseholder, such as a change to the use of the ground or a division of the lease.
The City of Amsterdam can never unilaterally change the agreements; in this way the General Conditions guarantee certainty to the leaseholder.
The City would like to hear your opinion about the proposals for dealing with perpetual ground leases for newly issued ground, i.e. future property development. Additionally, they would like to know whether you would choose for a fixed ground rent, an indexed ground rent or a lump-sum payment. Feedback may be submitted via an online form, post, email or during the information fair and must be received before midnight on 4 April 2016.
Find out more about the proposals and how you can share your opinion at this dedicated page (in English) on Amsterdam.nl.
As part of the consultation, the City will organise a three-day information fair. At the fair you can request additional information, ask questions and even share your reactions to the proposals. The fair will take place in the first floor foyer at Amsterdam City Hall (Amstel 1) on the following dates:
- Tuesday, 15 March 2016, 16:00-21:00
- Wednesday, 16 March 2016, 16:00-21:00
- Thursday, 17 March 2016, 16:00-21:00