Enjoying Amsterdam hassle free and saving money is as easy as one, two, three:
- Step 1: Select a City Card that suits your trip
- Step 2: Order your City Card
- Step 3: Use your City Card. Save time and money
Quite simply, the I amsterdam City Card is the smartest and most affordable way to explore Amsterdam. It has been tailor-made for visitors to the city, helping you to get the most out of your trip. Simply choose from a 24, 48, 72 or 96 - hour card and visit as many attractions as you want.
Step 2: Order your City Card
There are now three easy ways to receive your I amsterdam City Card - so you can choose the most convenient option for you.
1) The simplest way is to order your City Card online and have it delivered to your home address. Home delivery takes a maximum of six business days, no matter where in the world you are. We deliver worldwide with DHL, though please be aware that delivery costs will vary depending on your location and the number of City Cards ordered. A free magazine and city map is included with your order.
2) Order your card online and pick up on arrival in Amsterdam. After completing the booking process, you will receive a confirmation email. Print this out and present this at one of the pick-up locations to receive the I amsterdam City Card (you are required to pick up your card in person). You can collect your pre-purchased card at the following three locations:
- Amsterdam Central Station: I amsterdam Store, on the North side of the station. Open Monday - Wednesday: 08:00 - 19:00, Thursday - Saturday: 8.00 - 20.00, Sunday: 09:00 - 16:00.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol: I amsterdam Visitor Information Centre Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Arrivals Hall 2: Holland Tourist Information. Open daily from 07:00 to 22:00.
- Amsterdam Central Station: I amsterdam Visitor Information Centre at Stationsplein 10 (opposite the main station entrance) Open Monday - Saturday: 09:00 - 17:00, Sunday: 09:00 - 16:00.
3) You can also purchase your I amsterdam City Card upon arrival in Amsterdam at one of the many sales locations in the city.
Note: If you’re ordering multiple cards online, only one name is required at checkout.
Step 3: Use your City Card. Save time and money.
With the City Card you get free entry to the best museums and attractions, unlimited use of GVB public transport in Amsterdam, great discounts, free giveaways and special offers – all included in a single card. Take it with you wherever you go, and you’ll be surprised at just how much money you’ll save!
The museums element of your card is automatically activated the first time you visit a museum or attraction. The public transport element is automatically activated the first time you use a tram, bus or metro. The card is valid until the end of the year. Once activated, each element remains valid for 24, 48, 72 or 96 hours, depending on your card.Check here everything that is included in the I amsterdam City Card.
Information & help desk
If you have any questions regarding your I amsterdam City Card, please:
- Visit the I amsterdam Visitor Information Centres at Amsterdam Central Station (Stationsplein 10), or Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Holland Tourist Information), Arrivals 2 at Schiphol Plaza
- Call our help desk: +31 (0)20 702 6000 (during office hours)