Introduction to the London startup scene for Amsterdam-based startups
Amsterdam-based startups looking to expand into the British market are invited to apply for the Amsterdam2London Fintech Bootcamp 2016, a two-day intensive programme in London to introduce Amsterdam businesses to the startup scene in London and the rest of the United Kingdom. The bootcamp runs alongside the short trade mission organised by the City of Amsterdam, led by alderwoman Kajsa Ollongren. The bootcamp is organised by StartupAmsterdam in collaboration with Holland Fintech, Holland UK Trade and London & Partner.
Advice from experts and important key players in the FinTech sector
Participating startups will gain valuable information from experts, lead users and peers on a soft landing in London, learning how to expand and scale their companies in the British market. StartupAmsterdam will provide an introductory programme on London’s startup ecosystem. The programme includes:
- A legal workshop on soft landing in the British business climate, featuring advice on recruitment and financial practices
- Networking opportunities and one-on-one meetings with British launching customers and organisations in the financial sector
- A business development session
Date: 23-24 November 2016.
Costs: StartupAmsterdam will cover the costs for one person per startup for the two-day bootcamp. This includes organisational costs and meals as part of the programme. All other costs – including accommodation, transportation and meals outside of the programme – are covered by the participants.
The Amsterdam2London Fintech Bootcamp 2016 offers the following:
- A customised business development programme, including meetings with senior business leaders in the London tech industry
- One-on-one meetings with launching customers and companies related to your sector
- Round tables with industry experts and service providers (legal, banking/investment, HR/recruitment)
- Introductions to European VCs
- Visits to a selection of innovation/startup hubs, incubators and accelerators
Who can apply?
- Innovative startups that are actively looking into UK and European expansion.
- Amsterdam-based startups in the FinTech sector.
- A minimal criteria of a product / market fit and positive metrics in growth and conversion are required.
How to apply
Startups that want to apply for the programme must fill in the application form. The application deadline is 21 October 2016.