The new Golden Tulip Amsterdam West offers 245 spacious rooms equipped with air conditioning, a rain shower, Wi-Fi and a tea/coffee machine. The hotel is aimed at both corporate visitors and tourists, with its location in the west of the city an excellent spot for those arriving by plane, train or by road. It is just two minutes away from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk, which has fast, direct connections to both Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and the historic centre of the city.
The hotel also houses excellent meeting facilities and a ‘live cooking’ buffet restaurant that can seat 300 guests for breakfast and dinner. All in all, the new Golden Tulip Amsterdam West is a perfect example of how entrepreneurs in the hospitality industry can exploit new opportunities by converting vacant office properties into hotels.
Amsterdam's hotel industry opportunities
Amsterdam offers many opportunities for entrepreneurs in the hospitality industry throughout the city. The demand for hotel rooms is expected to continue to rise in the near future. To meet the surge in demand, the City of Amsterdam is encouraging the development of many new hotels by 2015.
To help entrepreneurs with their development plans, Amsterdam has installed a dedicated hotel intermediary.
The intermediary offers entrepreneurs the following:
- A central point of entry to start the realisation of your plans.
- A link to our broad network of public and private partners.
- Knowledge of the necessary procedures to follow in order to realise your plans.
- The know-how on all operating hotel development projects, green and transformation possibilities.
- Support during the approval and development process.
- Confidential, free services, without obligation.
- A free manual on how to develop a hotel in Amsterdam.
If you are considering setting up a new hotel in Amsterdam, please do not hesitate to make contact for assistance or advice.