Electric transport facts & figures
An overview of facts & figures related to electric transport in Amsterdam.
Below you will find an overview of facts and figures related to electric cycling in Amsterdam.
The City of Amsterdam and companies in the city have achieved impressive results in recent years. Here are some of the highlights:
- Amsterdam now has the highest density of charging stations in the world, in increase from 250 public charging stations in September 2011 to 480 in February 2012. Another 1,000 are set to be introduced in 2012.
- Pioneering role in the development process for Dutch/European charging plugs. The defined standard applies for all Dutch and European car manufacturers.
- Amsterdam has signed partnership agreements with Nissan/Renault, Mitsubishi and PSA Citroen setting out a joint approach to stimulating electric transport and the supply of electric cars to the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area.
- The first 10 electric taxis were introduced in March 2011. The aim is to introduce another 500 by 2015.
- In December 2011, the City of Amsterdam introduced a new subsidy scheme to stimulate high-mileage corporate car users to switch to electric transport.
- Car2Go offers 300 electric cars in Amsterdam as part of their car sharing scheme. An international first is that all Car2Go vehicles in Amsterdam are 100% electric. Car2Go cars may use the charging stations across the city and are permitted to park at all parking spaces in the city without the driver incurring additional parking charges.