Discover Amsterdam and the surrounding area with the Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket -- a special 24-hour public transport pass valid on metros, trams and buses operated by GVB, Connexxion, Arriva and EBS.
Public transport pass for Amsterdam & greater metropolitan area
The greater Amsterdam area offers so much more than just the big city sights. The Amsterdam & Region Day ticket lets you explore the beaches of Zandvoort, Edam's cheese market, the Aalsmeer flower auction and traditional villages like Volendam and Zaanse Schans with a single 24-hour public transport pass. As of 2014 the ticket is also valid on Arriva buses, including line 858, which operates between Schiphol and the Keukenhof (only during the period when the Keukenhof is open). When you purchase this ticket, you'll also get a public transport guide for the Amsterdam region (PDF) filled with useful tips and sightseeing highlights.
Price & sales locations
The Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket costs €13.50. The card is available for purchase at the Visitor Information Centres in Amsterdam, selected hotels and campsites and ticket counters of the participating public transport companies, including:
- Visitor Information Centres
- GVB Tickets & Info: Amsterdam Central Station (Stationsplein), Bijlmer ArenA Station, Lelylaan Station & Zuid Station
- EBS Tickets & Info: Amsterdam Central Station (IJ River side), Purmerend Tramplein, Edam bus station, Hoorn Central Station
- Connexxion Tickets & Info: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Schiphol Plaza)
Special offer: Get out of town! Combine the Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket with the I amsterdam City Card. Explore the Amsterdam Area and its attractions and save money by picking up the Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket for only €10.
Using the Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket
The Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket is valid for 24 hours on any of the routes listed on the public transport guide (PDF). Using your Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket is easy:
- Tickets are valid for 24 hours. Your ticket is activated the first time you check in on a tram, bus or metro.
- You must check in and out with your card every time you enter and exit one of the vehicles.
- Tickets are valid on all metro, tram and bus lines operated by GVB, Connexxion, Arriva and EBS, including night buses.
- Tickets are NOT valid on NS trains or bus lines in Lelystad.
- If you have additional questions or your ticket appears to be defective, you can go to one of the sales locations listed above for assistance.